Duracraft 1660

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lucescoflathead

Reaction score
I saw a picture of a white Duracraft 1660 tiller. The boat was wide open inside. Did Duracraft make an open floor plan tiller boat or was this one someone customized?
I can't find any info on the boat. Ill try to post a picture later .Thanks Todd

That looks like a newer Duracraft. Have you tried calling them (duracraft) directly about such a beast? They aren't particularly hard to get in touch with. They're part of the Ward family, same family that builds War Eagle boats out of Monticello, AR.

I spoke to DURACRAFT today. They said they only made 5 or 10 1660's around 2000 for a dealer.

The guy I spoke to, Nick, advised me the 1860 handles much better, that's why they didn't make too many 1660s. He also said they make WAR EAGLE boats, and you can order them in a tiller with an open floorplan.

I like the looks of this white boat and have to check them out when I'm ready to buy.

lucescoflathead said:
I spoke to DURACRAFT today. They said they only made 5 or 10 1660's around 2000 for a dealer.

The guy I spoke to, Nick, advised me the 1860 handles much better, that's why they didn't make too many 1660s. He also said they make WAR EAGLE boats, and you can order them in a tiller with an open floorplan.

I like the looks of this white boat and have to check them out when I'm ready to buy.

I kinda thought that would be the case. IIRC, Duracraft moved to Delhi, Louisiana in or around 1996 and built a few boats there before the Ward's brought the name back to Arkansas where it belongs.

Nick's right about the handling. 1860 W.E. handles well for it's size.

Latest posts