Yak killer

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Curdogger34

Reaction score
What size boats are you guys building for yak killer boats? I have a 16x48 boat but have not fished it in 2 years since purchasing a jackson kilroy dt. I love the kayak an I fish alone 96% of the time. So im thinking of looking for a smaller john boat 12x36 or 12x48. What would you all recommend for size.

I am probably missing something, but why not just use the 1648 that you currently have. I would rather be in a 16' boat than a 12' boat. Don't think the 16' is going to be that hard to handle single handedly.

I have a kayak and used to fish out of it a lot until I got my 1448 squared away and now my kayak sits alone a lot. In fact I used it last weekend for the first time in probably 2 years.

I have a great kayak with bass yak style trolling motor. I also have a 1448 grizzly. I see no need to kill either. Love them both.

I often launch my Lowe 1040 from the bed of my pickup.

Hand launching with a buddy is ideal because we can go wherever a yak goes, have coolers, rod holders, DF, lights, TM, bilge pump, plenty of battery power, both of us can stand, cast and not tip (learned that lesson from a 1032) in short everything a yak can do and much more.

Latest posts