Alumacraft or SeaArk?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jtf

Reaction score
Haven't had the 1648 jet back home a week and have two folks interested in buying it. It's set up exactly like I would build a second one except on an 1860 prop tunnel. Would have to go over an hour for Alumaweld dealer and a little less for the SeaArk. The second boat is priced lower than what I expected, going to power either with tiller steer.

Looking for a bare bones hull to start. Never owned either brand and without them side by side, kinda hard to compare. Figured there are members that have them.

alumacraft is generally a lighter and possibly cheaper. Take that however you want. Might research them a little and see what you come up with for your particular application.

SeArk is generally considered a tank. Good boat. Little slower than some others but you won't hurt it with normal usage! I bow fished out of a 1872 for a couple years and loved it. No tunnel, just standard work boat with a bowfishing platform on the front at first running an 88hp Johnson and later a 200 Evinrude offshore (which was WAY too much power for that rig).

My last 1872 had a 90hp with a jack plate, it had a pucker factor at top end, can't imagine a 200hp!

I haven't seen an Alumacraft in person so I can't comment on them. But I've seen a couple of SeaArk boats and they are really solid. Definitely a step or 2 up from my Lowe and I would love to have a SeaArk 1660 but my budget doesn't allow for the upgrade from my Lowe. Maybe hang around your local ramp one day and check the boats people have to see them in person. I see Grizzly/Trackers, G3, Lowe, SeaArk in my area and the SeaArk seems to be the best built boat without going to a custom.

Latest posts