I need adnice on how to replace some trailer parts please

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gwar822

Reaction score
i have some pics i took of the trailer bunks in question

the trailer seems too small for the boat but i can make it fit better by moving the winch thing i forgot what its called... up further then the boat will fit better

with the white roller i would like to figure out something... maybe remove it completely and get another type of bunk for support that will be better on the paint. Im painting those ribs as well thats why id prefer a roller thats on the hull

any ideas ? ive looked on amazon and other trailer sites and cant figure out a solution

Attachments

• 20190603_182008.jpg
    20190603_182008.jpg
    124.1 KB · Views: 469
  • 20190603_173347.jpg
    20190603_173347.jpg
    160.1 KB · Views: 469
  • 20190414_152732.jpg
    20190414_152732.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 469
Suggest you not put a roller directly on the boat hull. Doing that will likely cause divots in the skin. Bunks are preferable. Instead, eliminate the rollers and completely replace them with bunks. Bunk brackets are readily available from any number of trailer supply places. Those along with some U-bolts, a couple of fir 2x4's, and carpet or something to cover the bunks and you are good to go. BTW, some folks here on TB use vinyl rain gutter down spout material to cover the bunks. Lasts longer than carpet, economical, and has less friction.

You probably already know this, but if you move the boat front or back on the tailer you will change the tongue weight. For safety the tongue weight should be 10% - 15% of the total. Too little tongue weight can be disasterous a/c fishtailing. Too much can cause control issues with your tow vehicle.

PS: Those rib things on the bottom are called strakes. :D :D I once heard someone refer to them as flukes too, at least I think that is what they were talking about.

LDUBS said:
Suggest you not put a roller directly on the boat hull. Doing that will likely cause divots in the skin. Bunks are preferable. Instead, eliminate the rollers and completely replace them with bunks. Bunk brackets are readily available from any number of trailer supply places. Those along with some U-bolts, a couple of fir 2x4's, and carpet or something to cover the bunks and you are good to go. BTW, some folks here on TB use vinyl rain gutter down spout material to cover the bunks. Lasts longer than carpet, economical, and has less friction.

You probably already know this, but if you move the boat front or back on the tailer you will change the tongue weight. For safety the tongue weight should be 10% - 15% of the total. Too little tongue weight can be disasterous a/c fishtailing. Too much can cause control issues with your tow vehicle.

PS: Those rib things on the bottom are called strakes. :D :D I once heard someone refer to them as flukes too, at least I think that is what they were talking about.

thanks allot! oh yeah the strakes! i remember because of the strake holes lol..

i appreciate all the information it will really help me out and im not stressed over it anymore

Latest posts