Trolling Motor Mount

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rumblejohn

Reaction score
Need to raise the mounting bracket for my father's day gift MotorGuide. I have a 1652 Lowe's riveted jon, and the rail is higher than the front deck. I was thinking maybe using Trek decking material to raise it up. It doesn't rot, but I don't know if it will react with aluminum. Any thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks,
John

Whatever you do, make sure it is VERY secure. I had a welder, weld a piece of aluminum to the deck and the top rail for me to bolt the motor to. Another friend used wood to secure his. He hit a rock with the motor and it ripped the wood right off the decking. There is a lot of torque when the motor is running even if you don’t run into stuff.
BD1202F7-B3B0-4CDD-9A6E-DB854DAF8B84.jpeg

That is a first class job. Around here you can hire a neurosurgeon cheaper than a tig welder :LOL2:
I still have to do some more local research to see if I can find someone. Frustrating for me because for years I worked in a fabrication shop. Company was bought out by MegaCorp, patents were pillaged, and company abandoned. I have out lived most of the welders I used to work with :cry: .

Thanks for the quick reply,

John

I finally gave up and ordered a factory bracket from my local Lowes dealer, with luck it will be here in two weeks or so.
I find it odd that he had a boat just like mine on the show room floor but did not have a mount in stock. If I was buying a new boat and want a TM installed I would have to wait on it two weeks or more.

John

Latest posts