Old Boat

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StarCraftHans

Reaction score
Hello All,

I just joined today and after looking though some of the posts I believe I came to the right place. I just picked up an older Starcraft 14' V and the id tag is barely legible. I can make out that it is a Starcraft 14' Super Duty and I have the serial number which is a 6 digit number starting with 57.

So starting out I am looking for help to determine the year of my boat. Not sure if that really makes a difference but it would be nice to know.

2nd, you already answered this question. Can I take out the metal boxes under the bench seats that hold the old white Styrofoam. It sounds like that is a bad idea. I will probably replace it with the pink or blue stuff. I was hoping to leave these boxes out instead of sanding them down and repainting them.

I want to replace the actual benches because of rot and cracks. Not sure what kind of wood to use to span the 52" space. There is a 3/4" bracket I have to slide the wood back in to and the bracket is riveted to the side. Sounds like painting is the best option based on the group here.

Other items I want to deal with are: replacing the plywood on the transom, finding a new drain plug or replacing the whole unit. I found 2 sizes at our local Fleet Farm but I need one that is in the middle of these. Kinda sounds like a story here, you know with the bears...

I am taking out the 2 sets of oar brackets along with the 1-1/2 oars and replacing with new.

I am mounting a plastic ? mounting board on the transom to mount my transducer to, how do I make sure to not get any leaks doing this?

There was an old anchor bracket mounted on the bow that I took off, not using, and found that it was holding part of the bow cap together. Sorry about my terminology here, please correct me as needed. So where do I find a replacement for that? I don't have the dims right now.

Then I want to paint the floor and also the top portion of the outside above the waterline. Looking for help on how to remove, prep and finish both. I was thinking of using bed liner material for the floor but I can't find it in anything but black. So maybe just mixing in some silica sand in whatever paint I get.

I'll come back back in a couple of days to check on all the good advice I feel is coming and thank you for it in advance.

StarCraft Hans

Looks like I used the wrong forum, sorry about that #-o

Latest posts