Tempress seat options....

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DUXBWARE

Reaction score
Hey Guys. I have a Crestliner 1648 jon that want to get a tempress seat for driving. I'm looking at either the all-weather high back, or the navi-style high back, or low back. Does anyone have these and can comment on them?

Also, I have found swivels to mount them, that are either flat, or have a 3 degree tilt built in. I have heard the tempress seats are very "straight backed" and the 3 degree tilt is required on them. Any experience with that as well?

Thanks boys.

Dux.

I have 2 of the tempress the Navi style hi bak. I believe I have the seat base with a slight pitch as you mentioned.. You can see the back angle in the picture. I think they are very comfortable.
b5234010b2f617199432554b826bc22b.jpg

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk

I have the nav style low back for two passenger seats. Pretty good, IMO. Mine are pedestal mounts. Don't have any tilt as far as I know and haven't heard any complaints so far.

I had high back Navi styles on my previous boat. I mounted them directly to the wood for driver and passenger and found them to be uncomfortably straight up. I shimmed them in the front and it helped a lot. They are very comfortable when set correctly.

I also have an all weather one on my front deck of my current tiller steer boat. It is nice too, however, the padding will mush down pretty quick if you sit for a while in it. I would think the low back Navi style would be a better option in that setup as they are super plush.

Hey guys. Thanks so much for you help, input,’ and pics. Exactly the info I was looking for. Looks like I will be going with Navi style seats for sure then, on the 3 degree tilt bases.

Most of the fishing we do that will require a lot of seat time, will be trolling the river slow, with rods In the rod holders, so I think I’ll go with the high back Navi styles. I did consider going with the low backs, for ease of casting etc, but most of that type of fishing is for bass, when the seats would be taken out of the boat anyways. 👍

I’m gonna order 2 Camo high back and 3 degree swivel mounts tonight. THANK YOU so much for the help guys. I will post some pics once I get it all done.

I love this boat so much. Nice and light to manhandle at the ramp, not too big or too small. Has a brand new 30hp etec, with pwr. Tilt and trim. It’s perfect. Up on plane in a boat length or two. And just absolutely flys on flat water when trimmed right up with me and a fishing buddy. 32mph on gps. Very pleased with it. Fastest duck boat on our river! Lol. I may try a stainless prop on her one day too, but I don’t think I “need” to. Lol.

I just have a 1/2” plywood drop in floor with rubber backed carpet stapled to it just to have a flat floor my lil dog to lay on.

I plan on making a better drop in floor and sealing it and covering it with nice, marine vinyl like your Lund by end of summer. You did fantastic job of that boat I must say. What a gem. Good for you [mention]schukster[/mention] thanks again.

I use the high backs in the drift boat, it's probably 15+ years old. Those seats don't have a thick cushion but ample padding. They dry well, comfortable to fish from and hinges are holding up well. One had a cushion snap fray, they do tend to take on mold, sure if the boathouse (barn) was cleaner, that might not be a problem, but they get sat on with wet waders. I really like the slide latch attachments.

I was at cabelas looking at seats and used a kayak milk crate to place the seats on to give them a try. Did not like any of the seats. Usually too short of seat bottom. The tempress seats i tried have NO support to the seat edge. The seat base and support stopped about 4 to 6 inches from the edge. The seat bottom basically buckled like it was bending in two when i sat on it. Not impressed. I got a Millennium B-100 seat. I have a bad back and i can sit in this all day. Very full sized seat and also rated 400lbs. Aluminum frame and fold thin to look ahead and or your rear view mirror when towing. Only a 100 buck and will outlast you check them out.

Sit in these for hours on the river. Don't care for the overstuffed ones.

Attachments

• tempress.jpeg
    tempress.jpeg
    19.3 KB · Views: 1,115
Well, now the Camo navistyle high backs are on back order they just told me. He recommended that I try their “profile guide series” seat. So he’s getting one for me overnight. I should have it in hand for the weekend. I will hopefully get it mounted and report my findings.

No. I didnt get the quick release mount, as I want to use the 3 degree tilt swivels, to add a little “lean” to the back rests.