Weldbilt 1548V

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Omatic

Reaction score
I was looking for a Weldbilt 1448V to pair up with my new Tohatsu 9.8 4 stroke. The only thing I can find within 3 hours of my house is a 1548V. Anyone ever put a 4 stroke 9.8 on a 1548V and will it plane out. I currently have a 14 ft fiberglass semi V and I’m doing 19 mph with the 9.8Enough power for the Weldbilt 1548V?

Weldbilt's are heavy. They also generally have more ribs in the hull, helps stability at speed but slows it down. I ran a 1448 briefly, with a 20hp Tohatsu. It had a ton of leaks from a previous owners' neglect. Ran about 20mph and struggled to plane off with 2 people in the boat. A 9.8? Doubt it'd even plane at all, and the one you're referring to (1548V) will require even more power to plane off, and is a foot longer-and probably even heavier. 20hp minimum, IMO. 40 would be better but I don't know if they rate them with 40hp or not. Maybe 30. Or maybe no rating (some were commercial rated, with no maximum horsepower rating). Some of the guys 'round here are running 75hp tillers on those commercial hulls.

Latest posts