Hydro turf pattern

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hipster dufus

Reaction score
I see everyone that has hydroturf using the grooved pattern. I wonder the reasoning, I or think the flat is better on ur toes.anyone hav opinions on flat vs grooved vs diamond? The flat should be easier to clean . Tia

I don't know the answer but you asked for opinions and I have lots of those! Haha

Could be: 1) folks like the look of the patterned ones, 2) they think they will have more anti-slip than the plain ones, 3) any marks/discolorations won't show up as much on a patterned one, and or 4) maybe the patterned ones are more readily available from distributors.

I tend to agree with you and think the flat pattern would sure be easier to clean.

Some may depend on the colors. I know certain colors, especially the camo ones, are only available in the textured patterns.

The textured hydroturf is a little bit cooler when out in the sun. Maybe 5 degrees at the most. Dad's old boat has some textured camo in the front part of the boat and smooth green in the rear; the green is a little warmer on bare feet. Flat is MUCH easier to keep clean. I just pressure wash it on low (800 psi) and everything comes right out. Takes a few days to fully dry; textured takes slightly longer maybe a couple hours longer. The textured holds more dirt and looks horrible if you don't stay on top of the cleaning. I have green/smooth on the casting deck of my war eagle. So far, love it. LOTS better than bare/painted aluminum which is hard on the feet out in the hot southern sunshine. Couple times last year the soles of shoes were melting to the deck. Hydroturf has to go be 80 degrees cooler than painted aluminum!

Latest posts