Level the floor side to side, but what about from front to back?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RaisedByWolves

Reaction score
How did you guys go about figuring out how to install your floor in your boat.

Level with the keel or level with the gunnel?

Some other factor?

I would like the floor to be level when the boat is in the water loaded, but this will eat up a lot of floor space in the front where the two chines begin to come together.

Any insight would be helpful.

I use the seat tops as a level gauge. Most times the seats are level on the water.

Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk

If you want to get really nerdy and get it perfect go out on a flat calm day and pull your drain plug. let enough water fill the bottom to where you can mark a level line in the side before plugging it back in. Set your deck however high evenly above that line.

onthewater102 said:
If you want to get really nerdy and get it perfect go out on a flat calm day and pull your drain plug. let enough water fill the bottom to where you can mark a level line in the side before plugging it back in. Set your deck however high evenly above that line.

Aren't you a clever one?

Of course you want to do that right at the launch, preferably with your bow hook still attached to the trailer...

onthewater102 said:
It would be easier to float your boat and use a level either on the bench seats or gunwales to get a point of reference of what level is. Just realize that any load distribution is going to change the level. I was like you when I put my floor in. I over thought it. I eventually usedthe bench seats as a point of level and it worked out fine. I admit using water was an interesting approach.

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk

Weldorthemagnificent said:
I use the seat tops as a level gauge. Most times the seats are level on the water.

This is probably the easiest method.. the floor doesn't have to be perfectly level as it's going to change once you move items in the boat around.

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

I would up going really close, but a bit below the chine in the front and even with it in the back,

Once I had a reference point picked out in the front I used a level and found what I was thinking was going to be 6" or more turned out to be only 4" difference front to rear.

It looks like a hell of a lot more, but it really isint that much.

Weldorthemagnificent said:

This should work just fine.

Latest posts