CC V SC

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Depends on how many people you take. On a side console layout, your buddy can ride beside you and a couple behind/in front depending on size of boat. With the center console, unless you're real close with your fishing buddy, they will have to ride either behind or in front. The center is nice for the ability to fish all the way around a boat but in my opinion belongs on boats 18' and up. On a 16' and down, I'd take a tiller option over a console. 100% fishable/usable floor space.

Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk

Well, I think it all depends on what you want and how you use your boat. I have a 16' jon boat with a center console. My boat originally came with a tiller engine on it and no console. I tried a side console first and it was ok but I got tired of water spray and didn't care for the "line of sight" with it. I made a center console for it and really like it. It gives me great line of sight (I have a elevated deck in the front) and I like standing versus sitting since I find it easier to absorb the bumps with my knees than my hind end. One thing you do give up with the CC is floor space. I didn't give up hardly any for my install since I mounted it on the front bench seat area over the old bait tank. The bait tank is also where I placed my two batteries for the trolling motor. It balanced the weight in the boat well also. There's always a trade off it seems.

Weldorthemagnificent said:
Depends on how many people you take. On a side console layout, your buddy can ride beside you and a couple behind/in front depending on size of boat. With the center console, unless you're real close with your fishing buddy, they will have to ride either behind or in front. The center is nice for the ability to fish all the way around a boat but in my opinion belongs on boats 18' and up. On a 16' and down, I'd take a tiller option over a console. 100% fishable/usable floor space.

Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk

For 16' and under I vote tiller.

Both of the other options take up at lease 6sqft or more and serve a limited purpose.

I prefer cc,like to stand when running. Got some years on me now and I can’t c.on my rig the cc has a livewell seat in front of it and when I take mybimini off a 3d person can stand and fish . U can stand on the seat and fish. I owned a 1648 tiller. Never owned a sc but hav fished out of em. To each his owns

Latest posts