Maintenance and Upkeep G3 1756SC

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 29

Reaction score
Well, I guess the trailer needs some attention. A screw fell out of one of the bunks. Tried to screw it back in it ain't takin' it. New hardware or new bunk, which means 2 new bunks + hardware.
The new LED brake lights aren't working correctly, that needs to be addressed.
Please don't tell me it needs new wiring.

Someone at the ramp showed a bit of interest in buying my the craft. I was thinking about the kit and kaboodle before this happened but that put a bee in my bonnet.

Gonna be a L-O-O-O-O-ONG winter!

Any assistance, opinions, advice will be appreciated!

Tenks!

You could probably just flip the bunk around. Unbolt it from the brackets, flip front to back, line it up with the other bunk, drill new holes and bolt it back on. If it's really rotted out then you will want new bunks. Don't get pressure treated lumber, just regular lumber. I don't like the carpeted bunks so I put some vinyl downspouts cut in half on.

Attachments

• trailer4.jpg
    trailer4.jpg
    500.1 KB · Views: 405
JL8Jeff said:
You could probably just flip the bunk around. Unbolt it from the brackets, flip front to back, line it up with the other bunk, drill new holes and bolt it back on. If it's really rotted out then you will want new bunks. Don't get pressure treated lumber, just regular lumber. I don't like the carpeted bunks so I put some vinyl downspouts cut in half on.

It's the side bunks, like a guide on bunk, not the bottom bunks. Anyhoo, turning it around is an excellent idea though.

At the end of the day last time I was out, I noticed that all of the screws holding one of my side bunks were backed out almost all of the way. Trailer has only been in use for a little over a year. So either they all worked loose or someone was trying to get a new side bunk. I really don't expect it was a theft attempt. Makes sense to check all the bolts on the trailer from time-to-time.

Bunks? If you had to replace them, it's not that bad. Light may be the light itself OR the wiring.

Either way, if you can find an afternoon of free time, probably could knock it out in a couple hours if you work slow like I do.

Check the ground for the lights. I like to run the ground wire to each light.

turbotodd said:
Bunks? If you had to replace them, it's not that bad. Light may be the light itself OR the wiring.

Either way, if you can find an afternoon of free time, probably could knock it out in a couple hours if you work slow like I do.

A few weeks back, my wife and I were doing some sort of chore around the house and my wife told me to "take my time". I looked up at her and we both started laughing. I've been "methodical" my entire life and I ain't about to start any other way now.

the hammer said:
JL8Jeff said:

It's the side bunks, like a guide on bunk, not the bottom bunks. Anyhoo, turning it around is an excellent idea though.

That's an even easier fix, side bunks aren't needed! :wink: I actually just took my boat out of the water for the season yesterday. Our ramp comes down at an angle probably 45 degrees to the current and the river is so low you have to back off the ramp which isn't level at that point. I leave the fenders above the waterline and I was able to load the boat centered cranking the winch with my weak arm (I weigh 150 lbs). But assuming your side bunks are centered on the brackets, a stripped out hole would require the next size larger bolt if the hole in the bracket is big enough, or new bunks. For the side bunks, I would use the carpet to reduce the chance of scratching the side of the boat.

Latest posts