Custom Aluminum Fuel Tank???

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Xaero

Reaction score
I need help locating the type of gas tank in the picture below. Currently I have a plastic tank that is in the middle of my boat that I trip over all the time. I need to move it to the only place I can move it to: the side of my boat in the back. Does anyone know who makes tanks like what is pictured?'

tank.jpg

Here is what the back of my boat currently looks like. I dont have enough room up front for a tank. The only spot I can think of is by the Okuma logo.

backofboat.jpg

A lot of times you can check with a shop that specializes in custom racing stuff. I'm blessed to have 2 or 3 places locally, one a mile or so away, they'll make whatever you want within reason. The last time I had someone asking about this type deal, I made a "tank" (dummy) out of cardboard, taped together in the shape that it needed to be, carried it over to them and they built an aluminum tank the exact dimensions. No float/gauge, just an inlet and a vented filler. Set us back $165 total after taxes, that was about 4 years ago so probably $200 now.

You might want to check USCG regulations (google boat builders guide). Fuel tanks have to be certified, no way around this. There are places that will make a custom legal one, but they are pretty expensive. You might want to look on ebay to see if you can find a used one that is close to the size you want.

If you are in Tampa FL, Colin Mattson makes aluminum fuel tanks. That is what he does. there may be a fabricator on this forum that will do it too.

Latest posts