Zero Degree Transom Deadrise

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PATRIOT2

Reaction score

Anyone own an aluminum, soft chine, deep-V boat with a zero degree deadrise transom?
If so, please post the make and model year.
Note: Deep-V hull
Thx

PATRIOT2 said:

Anyone own an aluminum, soft chine, deep-V boat with a zero degree deadrise transom?
If so, please post the make and model year.
Note: Deep-V hull
Thx

A deep V with no deadrise at the transom is not a deep V.

The majority of older Semi-V aluminum boats had soft chines, with little to no angle at the transom.

PATRIOT2 said:
This is why I seldom post questions on here.
Why say that? As MrGiggles is correct, as to be a deepV the deadrise must carry all the way to the stern.

If embarrased about your question - please don’t be - the dumb question is the one NOT asked ...

"If embarrased about your question - please don’t be"

Yeah, just look at my questions for examples! Lol

Back to your question, it seems to me that the boat shape you describe is fairly common. Sharp bow & rounded chines that taper down to basically flat at the transom. I don't know if the dead rise at the transom is truly flat (0 deg), but it looks that way. Anyway, not much help but it just seems like I've seen this a lot. Maybe old school tins, I don't know.

To add to TTodd's link, 13 deg's or less is considered semi-V, 14 deg - 17 deg is Mod-V and 18 degrees and up is Deep V. Measured at the transom of course. Did I know this? Heck no, I googled it.

Here are a couple of pic's of old Starcraft boats. Not deep-V's but maybe this is the hull type the OP is asking about??

Old Starcraft.png
Old Starcraft2.png

Latest posts