Considering a battery just for the fish finder

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bikerider

Reaction score
I'm considering a battery for just my fish finder. I found this one on ebay: https://www.ebay.com/itm/UPG-12V-10AH-WIDE-Wheelchair-Medical-Mobility-Battery/382489704801?hash=item590e29b961:g:qbIAAOSw6VRbIcBw
It is an agm, 10 ah. I have a pretty basic humminbird fish finder and like leaving it on the entire time I'm fishing minus breaks at shore. What do you guys think about this choice?

I power my 898 all day with one of those. Haven't had a problem in 2 years.

Pretty much the same ones I’ve been using for over 20 years to power the depth finders I use as portables.

Sounds like I'm on the right track. Now I need to order one and figure out a mount for it.

BTW - make yourself a pair of pigtails with a female blade fitting at one end and a ring terminal on the other - makes it easier to connect to the posts on your other 12v batteries (in parallel) in order to recharge the fishfinder battery.

onthewater102 said:
BTW - make yourself a pair of pigtails with a female blade fitting at one end and a ring terminal on the other - makes it easier to connect to the posts on your other 12v batteries (in parallel) in order to recharge the fishfinder battery.

That's a smart idea. Thanks for the tip. =D>

Latest posts