Boat capacity plate

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

possom813

Reaction score
I recently picked up a 1978 Basstracker from a fellow that bit off more than he could chew-project wise.

The capacity plate is that, but can't be read. I need to now how to figure what plate i need to replace it with.

16'x68", give or take a couple inches.

You can call Tracker boats and give them the HIN, and they'll send you a new cap tag. I've had to do this several times, with team ward, duracraft, and others. Sometimes they'll send you whatever you want, so if you want one with a higher HP capacity, they'll make you one up. There is a local guy who called a boat manufacturer and wanted a 70hp max tag for his 1550. Yes, duck hunter aka boat racer.

I replaced the capacity sticker on my pontoon when I rebuilt it. There are plenty of companies that make replacement stickers.

If you can't find someone that has the same boat (with exact capacities) I would think a new one of the same length/brand would be close enough.

2019 TRACKER® PRO 160

Length
16' 2''
Beam
5' 10''
Bottom width
4'
Max. recommended HP
40 HP
Fuel capacity (portable)
6 gal.
Max. person capacity
3 persons
Max. person weight
390 lbs.
Max. person, motor & gear weight
855 lbs.
Interior depth
15.5"

There are companies that will put your info on a custom sticker or this sites says to email them with your boat model.

https://www.outboarddecals.com/store/c/116-Boat-Capacity-Decals.aspx

According to the calculator, if I did it right, I should be good for 5 people.

16x5.5/15

But do I measure the widest part at the transom or across the bottom?

Also, I'm in Tx and trying to find what type of penalty if the game warden figures we exceeded the weight numbers on the plate. I don't plan to, but if it happens it wouldn't be the number of people, just fat guys.

possom813 said:
According to the calculator, if I did it right, I should be good for 5 people.

16x5.5/15

But do I measure the widest part at the transom or across the bottom?

Also, I'm in Tx and trying to find what type of penalty if the game warden figures we exceeded the weight numbers on the plate. I don't plan to, but if it happens it wouldn't be the number of people, just fat guys.

Haha, that is funny. I think the "number of people" is based on 150 pounders. Don't see too many of those over the age of 16.

Latest posts