Bow storage recommendation

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hammy289

Reaction score
Hi all, I’m restoring this old tinny and are undecided on what to do with the stainless storage insert on the bow. If I paint it the same as the rest of the boat, it’ll invariably end up chipped. I’ve been considering lining it with thin rubber but as it’ll be stored out in the weather, I’m assuming the rubber will quickly perish or lift. Other thoughts were to leave it bare and perhaps a small piece of rubber in the bottom, or thin marine carpet all round.

It has a drainage hole in the corner and will store rope, a small length of chain and small anchor

ac921033c3a765797176b4c3c0436087.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's a bow roller for the anchor - an unusual thing to have on a small aluminum jon boat. I'm sure it was an after-market add-on. If you're doing a real restore, you'll probably want to take it off. If you like it and want to keep it, every one I've ever seen was left stainless and not painted.

It's hard to get paint to stick to stainless steel.

UP BOATER said:
Paint it and drop a piece of plastic grid in the bottom.
I’m thinking along these lines, or using the hard wearing paint used for truck beds and steps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts