Tuff coat came out good

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dennis8269

Reaction score
Restoring a 1997 Tracker Tournament v17. Using Tuff Coat which is coming out great,

Attachments

• tuff coat.jpg
    tuff coat.jpg
    6.6 MB · Views: 541
  • tacker deck.jpg
    tacker deck.jpg
    5.9 MB · Views: 541
Thanks.I waiting for the weather to get nice to put it all in the boat. Then it will get the third coat and call it good.

Details?

How did you do it step by step, how much tuff coat did you use, what would you have done differently?

looks awesome, and I want to do something similar!

Colorado1135 said:
Details?

How did you do it step by step, how much tuff coat did you use, what would you have done differently?

looks awesome, and I want to do something similar!

The important thing is to prep. I did all wood and aluminum seating and hatches. The key when applying it after the primer of course, is to cross hatch to make sure and the rubber material even. Also, make sure the first coat drys before trying a second or it will lift the first coat.

I choose Tuff Coat because I got tired of hooking the carpet every time I am in a carpeted boat. The vinyl route would have been my second choice, the Tuff Coat being first because to makes the wood totally water proof and you can always continue to add coats over it in the future without any prep other than cleaning it. The key to success with this is the prep work. Wood needs to be clean, I sanded with 180 to scruff it. The aluminum I acid washed to etch it and removed all carpet glue. Keeping the rubber suspended in the can stirring with a drill paddle every 30 min or so as you are using it. Loading the special roller up after three passes to make sure enough rubber content is in it. 3 total coats to provide a very long lasting flooring. I also undercoated all the wood with Coat it by skimming it on. I now have a totally encased wood floor that will not rot.

Latest posts