New here, another boat ID Q to add to the pile

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bambbrose

Reaction score
Howdy everyone

I was recently gifted an old(?) aluminum boat from a friend. It was sitting back in the sticks when he purchased a new house and now its mine.

I want to get it water worthy for this summer with my boys (10, 5 and 4 yr olds respectively).

I'm trying to find out a bit more about what it is so I can source a few parts, or at least replicate an ID plate and get it registered.

Measures ~164" transom to tip (at top, longest point), or about 13 1/2'
Measures 52" wide at the widest point on top.
15" deep transom.

It has a really faded ID tag on the rear most seat. The tag doesn't have a brand name, but says (I think after hitting it under a flashlight):
14VGF1
15 HP
3 persons at 150 lbs each
625 lbs total
and a serial number is clearly: 000964

Is built pretty flimsy/lighter gauge. I checked the forums pretty thoroughly and google and think its a Sears, old Lund, or Starcraft.
Does anybody recognize what year/model this may be based on the construction/castings? I can't quite find a match.

I needs some rivet work, some hammer/dolly action, and I plan to weld up a few items. Fortunately I have a Lincoln TIG and enjoy fabrication. In fact I think I'm more excited to build the thing that to fish with it, but we will see :)

IMG_5666.JPEG
IMG_5668.JPEG
IMG_5669.JPEG
IMG_5672.JPEG
IMG_5671.JPEG
IMG_5670.JPEG

It doesnt look like a LUND hull. If I had to guess it looks like an old LOWE boat from the 70's. here is a link to the archives if you wanted to go thru them to see if they match https://www.loweboats.com/catalog-archives/

Latest posts