vacation

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm on the water as often as possible. Meaning, if there ain't no tornadoes or big hail, I'm on the water on my day(s) off work. Today was a rare exception. I have something wrong with my left elbow and it's been bothering me for the last several months but have been able to "fish through it". Must've bumped it last night or something but it's in a lot of pain today. Doctor says they're not taking anyone that isn't emergency at the moment :(

I tried to cast the fly rod last night when I got in. Nope nope nope ain't happening.

Doesnt seem like my trip to Michigan with the lady is going to happen in June. Was hoping to catch some northern! Lakes here in idaho are still frozen so hoping the warm spell will hit soon

turbotodd said:
I'm on the water as often as possible. Meaning, if there ain't no tornadoes or big hail, I'm on the water on my day(s) off work. Today was a rare exception. I have something wrong with my left elbow and it's been bothering me for the last several months but have been able to "fish through it". Must've bumped it last night or something but it's in a lot of pain today. Doctor says they're not taking anyone that isn't emergency at the moment :(

I tried to cast the fly rod last night when I got in. Nope nope nope ain't happening.

Try icing it,take an anti-inflammatory and do some simple stretches "Google"

Myself I'm retired so finding time on the water is no big deal.

Well wouldn't ya know. I'm off work tomorrow and they say the sun's gonna be out. Elbow ain't been real bad the last few days so I'm gonna sleep good tonight, get up early and head to the river and see if I can snag dinner.

The big decision is...which body of water? Lake is 25 minutes away, all 45,000 acres of it (higher'n normal right no), creek 5 min away, other small lake 20 min, Arkansas river 20 min drive, or small cold water river 45 minutes. Or hour & a half to one of the most well known trout streams in the USA; absolutely stunning scenery out there. Might hit the big lake for crappie, ain't as much casting so easier on the arm. That and the limits are much more liberal. 30 crappie 10 catfish 4 walleye no limit on bluegills.

My vacation to Northern Wisconsin in late May was cancelled. The resort will not be allowed to open until June.

Well guys, I was planning on a trip to Alaska (from Georgia) late this summer. The plan was to cartop a tinny. It also meant driving through Canada (I really wanted to see Alberta and BC, and maybe the YT) but things happen, and now I'm thinking that I gotta look for an alternative. Aww shucks.