What is my boat?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tbair

Reaction score
I bought this 14' (maybe14 1/2) riveted aluminum boat last week with no papers just a bill of sale and an old dutton laison trailer with a 1974 4hp merc. 500$ so I couldn't pass on my first boat! No HIN and no coast gaurd plate so I'm thinking late 60s or early 70s. Motor came off the guys other boat so its age isn't related at all. I put the white and black paint on it (had terrible camo job on it). Any ideas? If anyone needs a different picture just say something but I think I have the basics. 5 keels underneath, no handles or tie points, guy said he put the wood on the seats, but the front "step" seems original but not 100% sure. Any info would help!20200414_174007.jpg20200415_192309.jpg20200415_192316.jpg20200415_192326.jpg20200415_192401.jpg20200415_192405.jpg20200412_145731.jpg

I'm no help in identifying it, but looks like a great first boat project! there should be an information plate somewhere on it, but it may have been removed at some point. good luck in identifying it, I wish I could help. looks like a fun project though!

Colorado1135 said:
I'm no help in identifying it, but looks like a great first boat project! there should be an information plate somewhere on it, but it may have been removed at some point. good luck in identifying it, I wish I could help. looks like a fun project though!

Yeah no info plates found, looked in all the angles and supports and whatnot with no luck. I'm pretty excited for it, just waiting for the res to thaw out (I'm up in valley county idaho where there's still feet of snow) and waiting for all the goodies to show up in the mail. Putting a deck on it tomorrow and hopefully remember to post a few pictures of it

Well, I'd eliminate Alumacraft, but that's not much help.

I love the canopy. Did you buy that or did it come with the hull? I've too often wished I had one.

Best wishes, be safe.

Kismet said:
Well, I'd eliminate Alumacraft, but that's not much help.

I love the canopy. Did you buy that or did it come with the hull? I've too often wished I had one.

Best wishes, be safe.

Bought the bimini on ebay actually! It was only about 140 I think for a 4 bow. Quite cheap for no sunburn! And thanks that does kind of help, I've just heard that there was quite a few rivet boat companies back in the day so it could be anything lol. Just got the motor going yesterday so all I have to do is register it and hopefully be on the water saturday!

Well I'm sure your boat is a Rich Line, as it looks just like my 1963 16' boat.
Don

Little update in the boat, took it out on the Little Payette lake here in idaho and she did great! No leaks (not sure how I pulled that off) engine ran great and even got a burn! Thanks again for the info Don, 60's 14ft Rich line.20200509_191224.jpg20200509_163827.jpg20200509_130609.jpg

donairplane said:
I like your seats i need to do the same. Are your seats bolted down or clamped on?
Don

I used ss deck screws to be honest on a swivel plate. Making sure I'd be able to access the bolts for the chair from underneath. I think I may change these to the 8in riser style like I got in the front. The seats were pretty cheap, I got them from ebay with the swivels for like 64 bucks a piece. Definitely better than sitting on life jackets, and what a back saver. I have 2 4x1s running under the deck just for the seats to screw to and I pre drilled and glued the screws in to make sure nothing would fall apart on me. They all held my mom on mother's day and shes not necessarily the smallest lady of the lake.

Latest posts