Jack plate

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sparky508

Reaction score
just got done with my home made jack plate. Really happy without it turned out. Can't wait till they open the boat launches up.
20200424_192354.jpg
20200424_192348.jpg

Pretty tight fit. Tried to squeeze as much set back as I could with the AL spacers I made.
20200424_161306.jpg

Little rocking back and forth and she fell into place.

That looks amazing! Do u have a more detailed build thread on your flotation pod/trim tab set up? Also, how heavy of a motor do you think that jack plate set up would work for?

Sent from my SM-T700 using Tapatalk

Well 1st run out was good. Painfully idled around the lake during the break in period. After a couple hours at progressive throttle positions, was able to hit WOT for 1 minute. Wife and I, boat rigged hit 22mph on GPS. No ventilation with motor in upmost position. (Highest on jackplate)

Took my heavier son out fishing, and bam. Ventilation, or so I assume. (Hit the rev limiter on the new Tohatsu.)

Trimmed it down one peg to see if that would do, no help there. So when we got home I dropped it down about an inch and change. Hope that helps.

450clown said:
That looks amazing! Do u have a more detailed build thread on your flotation pod/trim tab set up? Also, how heavy of a motor do you think that jack plate set up would work for?

Sent from my SM-T700 using Tapatalk

Jack plate could handle much larger motor i suspect. Kind of a copy of plans found all over the internet where they say 35 plus hp motors. All mounts were 1/2 stainless and 1/4" AL angle. I think my 15 weighs 115#s. Shows absolutely no flex.

Float pod thread should make its way to the top of the page as I will be updating it. Shows my build and thoughts.

Dropped it about an inch. Ventilation gone. Even trimmed up one notch.

Ran lined a striped @$$ ape!
So me at 225 or better, my son at 200 or better, 2 coolers 2 bags ice, 4 poles trolling motor, 2 batteries, 1 starting battery, 2 down riggers 20#s lead, tackle boxes. 20mph.

Son was out of boat to get trailer to ramp, so I did a victory lap. Will do 25plus with me alone and gear, got a little sketchy so throttled back. Not sure where the top end would have been.

With the motor tilted up in the shallow running notch, I was powering at an idle in 12" of water. So she runs skinny too.

Latest posts