1440 Middle Bench Livewell

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wmk0002

Reaction score
I bought this boat last week from a friend. He bought it and poached the motor off of it and swapped trailers to use with his 1542 Duracraft. Can't recall the brand but its is a 1440 size. It has the middle bench livewell which is about 10" tall x 12" wide and 48" at the top. Filled to the brim that would be about 25 gallons if my math is correct so if it had say 17-18 gallons in it that would be about 70% capacity and about 150lbs of water. I'm not looking to do something fancy here - in fact, I rarely ever use a livewell as I usually put fish on ice right in the boat. But this boat is rather small/tight and there isn't a whole lot of room for a cooler that wouldn't be in the way, so I'm just primarily looking to get an aerator and use this if I can.

I mainly got this boat so I could run outboards I work on on it and get away from having to always swap them out on my 1648 and so I'd have a spare rig to use if I'm doing a mod on the 1648. Now that I've taken it out a couple times I like the idea of using it to run jugs and trotlines as its easy to reach over the sides while working the tiller motor so the bench livewell does seem like a good one for filling with catfish.

Been in plenty of boats with these but never really used them nor owned a boat with one myself. Seems like at even 3/4 full a ton of water would slosh out. Anyone ever installed a rim around the top to help with this? What about baffles for that purpose? If they would also act as a divider that would be great too. The boat doesn't have a bilge so an aerator with a flex hose that can easily detach from a fixed spray bar would be nice so I could pull it out and use as a bilge if necessary. Any recommendations on those?

Vgr9FNj.jpg

r3newWP.jpg

vsyGo7g.jpg