Hatch extrusion?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hammster

Reaction score
I've been searching high and low for the aluminum extrusion that is used for "drip gutters" for a hatch opening. Has anyone found this? I was hoping I wouldn't have to make my own out of a channel and an angle profile. Thanks.

Hi Hamster. Welcome to TinBoat.

I would think you would find drip edge at just about any big box home improvement store. The drip edge I'm familiar with is pretty light weight and I'm curious how you will use it for a frame around a hatch opening. Maybe consider aluminum angle, which is readily available in many different sizes. I would venture your local hardware store has a rack of 1/8" thick various sized aluminum angle.

Thanks for the reply, LDUBS. I've looked at online retailers and such with no luck. To be more specifc, this is the profile I'm looking for, so I can add a drain like the professionals. Although, i'm sure mine won't look like a pro built it..... I could make this profile by welding together an angle and a channel, but I'd rather not.

Capture.JPG

Aw, that makes sense. Good idea.

I now understand your original question. I've not seen one like that that I can recall. If I were to fabricate it like you mention I would probably rivet the channel to the angle or rivet three pieces of angle to get the shape I wanted. But then I can't weld aluminum.

Hatches are expensive to buy off the shelf. Keep us posted how this goes.

Latest posts