Polar Kraft

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tgo

Reaction score
Good morning folks! In my quest to find a decent 1448 i have found a new Polar Kraft (OTD $2,500) at a dealer here in VA. Thoughts on this boat? I have zero experience with the brand. I have been unable to find the metal thickness on the jons as well.

Please give me any insight on the brand or concerns! Thanks a lot!

-V

It's strange that it's so tough to find the hull thickness but so far the only thing I found was a review on the Sportsman 1754 from 2015 that said it was .100" thickness which is similar to other brands like G3. I see just about every brand of modv boat with jet outboards where I am on the Delaware River so I doubt there is much of a difference between brands. I think if the hull were too thin, you would feel it just tapping on the boat. I'll see if I can find any more info on the 1448.

Edit: I just found this ad for a 1448 which says .08" hull thickness. https://www.paulsmarine.com/new-models/2019-polar-kraft-jon-mv1448-27166894b You may want to verify with your dealer though.

i would put a kneel guard on if possible.my older model starcraft has a riveted kneel
and a roller on trailer not a good fit for the guard.

Latest posts