Tunnel hull smooth ride help.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scott85

Reaction score
Just got a lowe Roughneck 1752 with a tunnel hull with a 40hp Yamaha 2 stroke and for the life of me I can’t get it ride smooth at WOT. We raise the motor up to the highest setting and a hydro jack plate will be my next big purchase for the boat.

When I come up on plane and start to tilt up the boat starts to porpoise real bad. It’s not as bad if I keep the trim down and my buddy sits in the front of the boat. Is there a prop I can get that made for tunnel hulls? The prop I have now doesn’t have the pitch listed. I’m also open to any other suggestions.
be57b6df3b6f7069d54c096ddf955734.jpg

6b618983033794fc8ff1c671804d83c4.jpg

3adeec86dbe9731b5e507246b0b1a4bb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's a light weight boat. Without some weight upfront, it will do this. Trim tabs would likely help. I put a passenger up front to solve this problem. I also have eight 25lb sand bags (actually rock bags) that I use for weight if I am traveling far and don't want to make somebody sit on the front deck.

At WOT my boat starts porpoising when I trim the outboard out too much. Back off the throttle just slightly and/or correct the trim and life is good.

I agree that trim tabs would likely help.

Thanks everyone for the help. Trim tabs are the cheapest of the fixes so I will try that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts