Make my Bimini Top Adjustable Height?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bwackwabbit

Reaction score
So a little background here first.

My boat is a 2014 Princecraft Holiday DLX WS
and I love it!

The only thing I don't love is the fact that the Bimini it came with is too long when stowed to fit properly in the boat (it rests on top of the outboard cowl).

There is no way to simply lay it more towards the bow as the box around the controls doesn't allow for that. I have considered installing slides but the same problem with the box around the controls exists.

My question is has anyone seen or installed something that will convert the main Bimini pole to a converatble length?
8b5730637ea6c9d3d95eeb9124c219c0.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Thanks for the response, I have seen those but as they are support poles they will not work for what I am trying to accomplish.

Looking for a solution to modify the existing main pole or replace it with one that performs similarly.

OK, not sure I'm following. If you want to temporarily reduce the height of the bimini by shortening the pole that hinges to the gunnel it seems like that is exactly what these would do. I'm pretty sure I'm missing something (which is pretty normal for me - haha).

Another potential option might be quick release bimini hinge brackets. That would allow you to easily remove the folded up bimini and put it wherever you want on the boat. Not the most elegant solution but an option.

LDUBS said:
OK, not sure I'm following. If you want to temporarily reduce the height of the bimini by shortening the pole that hinges to the gunnel it seems like that is exactly what these would do. I'm pretty sure I'm missing something (which is pretty normal for me - haha).

Another potential option might be quick release bimini hinge brackets. That would allow you to easily remove the folded up bimini and put it wherever you want on the boat. Not the most elegant solution but an option.

Thanks for the feedback but I need to make the main pole telescoping vs the support poles as the overall length is the problem when attempting to stow.

Also, I do not have the option of simply disconnecting and laying in the boat when not in use as the outboard controls at the helm (carpeted box) obstructs my ability to lay the Bimini flat (hence my original comment that it rested on the cowl of the outboard).

I have landed on the decision to do some customization on the box surrounding the controls to allow me to mount slides on the gunnels next to the controls and accomplish what I want as far as stowing the Bimini when not in use or for trailering.

I will post some before and after pics that demonstrate the problem and hopefully my solution.

Thanks again everyone!

Cheers,

Scott.

After installing the slides, it still needs some finessing to ensure it doesn't rub on the gunnels but stows perfectly and the travel cover fits over too for trailering!

Have to clean up a bit and install a support under the lid of the carpeted control box to eliminate flex.

I'll post some pics on the water if this wind ever quits!

Before pic on the water...

Cheers,

Scott.
eea383843cdcc92bdec57afd4002a9e8.jpg
efc4d773d30794adcbbb0462152d3c39.jpg
c82e1bdc7482d615dec980abfd19b482.jpg
344b7ceeeae0c9519a1ca3d1d50d0872.jpg

Latest posts