Moving battery and gas tank onto sloped surface

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clemmy

Reaction score
Hello,

I’m planning out modifying my 1236 Lowe. It will be a while until I can really get a start as I need to add float pods and get a trailer, as well as a 5-6 hp motor. I’m a big guy, so want to move as much weight as possible up front. (I know it’s a small boat, but it has a surprise that I’ll reveal when I start my build page, just go with it for now :wink: )

The boat will be used for night fishing, so I want a flat subfloor. No decking (Due to boat size) except at very front On top of which will go a trolling motor mount, lights, anchormate, and a couple rod holders, and below I hope to put a battery, a charger and gas tank.

My question is that this front portion has a sloped bottom, and I’m hoping for ideas on how to secure the battery and tank.

The boat layout is this:
7CD1C445-0258-403A-9782-626FF2661943.jpeg

The front deck areas will be at gunnel height (remember NOT planned for sitting/standing), and I don’t want it to extend any further than the first rib. Past that will be subfloor.

My problem is that this entire area is sloped.

Thanks for any help,

Craig

Dover, FL

I have the battery upfront in my 1232. I cut two wedges out of scrap lumber - they look like door stops. These are screwed with angle brackets to the riser to the front deck area. I call it a deck but it's probably not much more than a step - like in your picture. These two wedges give a flat surface for the battery. I also have a nylon webbing strap that goes around the battery to hold it in place.

I use expanding foam to surround the battery box.

Build a small platform for the battery to sit on at the desired height and a temporary dam to hold back the foam.

Pour foam(small batches work best) around battery box to the point of overfill, and trim flat.

I have carpet covering mine, makes a great storage area.

Both good ideas guys, thank you. Still looking for more brainstorming though, as still planning out front area.

Craig

Latest posts