18 foot STARCRAFT Runabout

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

satx78247

Reaction score
Friends,

I have purchased (as soon as my check clears the bank) a 1974 STARCRAFT 18 foot I/O runabout on the "period" factory trailer "for cheap" = 500.OO (with a bunch of extra parts/gear). =======> "Color me" PLEASED. YEP, I plan to restore the BIG tin runabout to "factory stock"
The boat is powered by a 120 HP ("marinized" 4-cylinder GM ) MERCRUISER engine & outdrive.
The hull is 18 feet, 9 inches from stem to stern, so it may be designated as a 19-foot boat??

When I contacted our local assessor collector's office, I was told that I need to know the factory designation (model NAME) of the big runabout to get the NEW Texas title issued.
(The title issued to the previous owner says: UNKNOWN & 20 feet long. = LOTS of similar errors of fact on older TEXAS boat/motor/trailer titles!!! - It sometimes seems that when you look at 20 or more TPWD/TDMV records that there are more GLARING errors than facts. - For example, I have a friend who has a mid-1950s THREE RIVERS 14 foot runabout that is "titled" over 15 years after THREE RIVERS went out of business & a MARK 78a MERCURY outboard that is "titled" as a 1973.)

7 PHOTOS of the boat/trailer can be viewed (until/unless the PO deletes the photos) at: https://easttexascraigslist.org/boa/d/avinger-1974-starcraft/7171714001.html

Anybody KNOW for sure WHICH of the STARCRAFT runabouts that it is, as I can find NO 18 or 19 foot STARCRAFT 1984 runabouts, which came from the factory with the 120HP MERCRUISER engine, after a search of the "usual search engines" on the WWW??

Responses to: [email protected] and/or by PM
yours, tex :?:

If you can’t find more info, try calling Starcraft customer service, I believe the guy’s name is Andy, at 574-831-7735. Have your HIN (Hull ID #) ready.

Weldorthemagnificent; DaleH & All,

After careful inspection of the measurements/dimensions, interior/exterior design/trim items, "badging", etc., I have determined that the STARCRAFT runabout is (with a minimal chance that I'm wrong) a HOLIDAY 18.

THANKS to every member who tried to help me, whether ON or OFF this public forum. - I'm PLEASED with "my latest find".
(This time, perhaps my beloved lady won't ask me, "Why did you bother to drag that piece of worthless junk home?")

NOW, I need to locate a pair of suitable "lounge" seats & the 2 small seats (that fit on either side of the motor box/enclosure), with the appropriate attaching hardware.
(I believe that everything else for the restoration, other than paint, carpet/upholstery material, is either still IN or "comes with" the boat/trailer.)

yours, tex :D :D

Latest posts