Boat seat

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Devinpruitt

Reaction score
What is the best way to mount a millennium seat on a 14/42 Monark jon boat. I sit on the right side so I can drive with my left hand,But the seat scrapes the inside wall. please help this is my first boat.

Might be a late answer to your question but they make a quick release base that could mount on the boat bench, then you install a swivel on the seat itself. It clicks into the base.

Search Amazon for Attwood Quick Disconnect Seat Mount.

You can alternatively hard mount just the swivel to the bench without the quick release, but it would not be as easy to install.

Not sure how your seat is currently affixed, but turn it around & 'round until you see what corner projects out the most and then move it in so you have a few good inches of clearance ...

Now, not a cheap option, but one that is both incredibly strong and versatile, are the 'king pin' seat bases by Springfield, Swivl-Eze or Attwood, just buy the same brand for base on seat with the hole and seat base with pin. They are made in either aluminum or stainless steel (I need SS) and typically use a long 3/4" pin and they've held up tremendously well on this skiff used in saltwaters, so I face chop and big boat wakes routinely. The seat base part that you also need to buy have springs on them and are made in carbon or SS.

I attached them using high strength/high shear 1/4" rivets from McMaster-Carr, where you WILL need a large A-frame type rivet gun to install them. As shown, I have 1 on each seat, but may add a 2nd one to the rear seat, so when at drift or anchor and fishing, I can move the seat to the center of the boat. The Admiral loves the option to move her seat from the middle (for cruising on plane) to the bow (for relaxing or fishing).
Springfield King Pin Seat Base.jpg Springfield King Pin Seat Base2.jpg

ProCraft 14-Skiff4 2020.jpg

ProCraft 14-Skiff7 2020.jpg