Kings Starboard

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sonny.barile

Reaction score
Fastening Kings Starboard

I want to put a seat with a quick disconnect on my bench top. I don’t have access to the underside and I dont want it to tear out or oil can the aluminum. I was planning to put 1/2 inch starboard down on the bench top as a reinforcement. I can screw in the starboard with self drilling screws into the aluminum but I need a way of being able to put the quick disconnect down where I could replace it someday if needed. I was thinking about putting T-nuts in the underside of the starboard to clamp down the quick disconnect. Can T-nuts be pounded into the starboard without cracking or destroying it? Starboard is expensive for me to ruin....

The quick disconnects I plan to use are from Tempress and go with the High Back All Weather Seats they make.

I heat/warm the starboard carefully with a heat gun, then whack the T-Nut (I use stainless steel ones) in quick, against a solid surface, w/one good hit from a small sledgehammer

Thanks Dale. Looks like I have a plan now. I can’t believe the price of Starboard! However it’s no more expensive than wood now a days. :LOL2:

sonny.barile said:
I can’t believe the price of Starboard! However it’s no more expensive than wood now a days. :LOL2:
I use sheets of cutting board plastic, buying them cheap at the dollar store or Walmart, wherever I can get away with it. I noticed no difference in performance, but it only comes in white.

CPG Seaboard is comparable to King starboard and it’s a cheaper alternative, ‘if’ you can get it from your plastics distributor, for when you need to match colors.