My 1st Project

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ArcticCat500

Reaction score
Although she's only a 10ftr, she gets me into fish. I paid $100 bux so I cant complain much.
Heres what she was like when I bought her.
untitled2.jpg

untitled1.jpg

untitled-1.jpg

Here she is after I stripped the bottom down, I used a drill and a wire brush attatchment. Getting ready for 9X Steel Flex this weekend if it dont rain.
untitled3.jpg

Smaller boats certainly have their place, they'll get you out on waters a larger boat might not.

Congrats on a deal, and good luck with the mods......speaking of which, what's the plans?? :mrgreen:

ST

my plans are to clean her up, new paint,seats,I hava TM & batt...that shud do er jus fine,

That'll make you a nice rig, for sure :wink: I'd put something on the floor, even if it was just some pieces of indoor/outdoor carpeting. It'll cut-down on a lot of noise.

ST

SlimeTime said:
That'll make you a nice rig, for sure :wink: I'd put something on the floor, even if it was just some pieces of indoor/outdoor carpeting. It'll cut-down on a lot of noise.

ST

For sure.All I did to mine 15 years ago was put down some red grass type out door carpet.Here's a pic.It's 15 years of abuse on the boat and carpet.

Attachments

• 0825081554.jpg
    0825081554.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 1,170
I actually have considered something, looking at rubber matting or the carpet....cant yet decide...I just moved the project into the shed so I can do the bottom this weekend....rain here in the North East for sure.

Well I applied my 1st coat of 9x SteelFlex, what I thought was going to be easy, turned out to be a little more then I bargined for....I started to pour but reslized brushing was easier...I mixed the living heck outta of it but noticed some hints of red in the olive drab coloring....hopefully this came off my mixing stick and not that I failed to mix it properly.
Time will tell ina few hours.....Im heading out to the shed n snapping a couple pix.

She's glossy! :wink: I'm afraid that what you see is what ya get. I'll be suprised if the red tint fades any. It's on the bottom, no one will ever know.

ST

SlimeTime said:
She's glossy! :wink: I'm afraid that what you see is what ya get. I'll be suprised if the red tint fades any. It's on the bottom, no one will ever know.

ST
glossy she is....the red dont bother me...Im jus hopin I mixed it up enuff....stiil have anutha batch to mix to complete the sides and I'll do anothr coat ovr the bottom to cover it.

well started the 2nd batch....the sides went on smooth and the bottom 2nd coat went well until the last 2 ribs...the epoxy set up as fast as I puored it and was unable to roll it out...not sure what lm goin to do.
nothing new tho...every time I try to do something rite...well it just goes wrong. bout ready to sell all my gear n giv it up.

Well, again, just be thankful it's on the bottom. Don't let it get to ya, just learn from it for a future project. Go over the directions on both cans, and see if they make different activators for different temps, or sometimes in hot weather you need to cut-back on it a little since the temps will help it to set-up quicker.

I promise you that you'll catch no less fish because of the bottom of your boat. :wink:

ST

went and check'd out the boat this mornin....seems to be ok, a little heavy where I was unable to spread it....but like you said SlimeTime....it's the bottom, I hope I have enuff on it to seal it up..pouring out today so cant really do much.

I'm sure it'll be fine. When you're floating out on the water catching fish, it'll never enter your mind :wink:

ST

ArcticCat500 said:
went and check'd out the boat this mornin....seems to be ok, a little heavy where I was unable to spread it....but like you said SlimeTime....it's the bottom, I hope I have enuff on it to seal it up..pouring out today so cant really do much.

Did you get it finished up?

Latest posts