Seat base maybe sliding

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zum

Reaction score
Well some of the longer rides are finally starting to get to my old arse, especially on choppier days. Thinking of adding a seat base to the rear seat, possible with some sort of sliding feature. The sliding feature is due to me not always sitting in the same place depending on what i have in my boat(weight wise).
Are there any brands that i should stay away from or any that are worth a few bucks more to get?
I wont need a pedistal on this seat and my seat runs lenth ways with my boat not across.
The Attwood tilt and slide is one that i first seen, seems simple enough but maybe its lacking some feature i dont even know i want?
I only started looking tonight and watched 1 video, where the guy just attached it to his seat using screws...after over a year he said its still tight with no problems. I was thinking he would have issues, seeing as he uses alittle pedistal as well but i might try that as well....can always stre then later if need be.

If your mounting area runs with the keel instead of the beam then you might have an issue with it sliding forward or backwards when your moving. It’s only your weight that stops them from sliding.....

I made a simple one like this once that straddled a rear seat, so the design needs to "grip" both sides of the seat, so those sides that extend down need to be long enough to securely grab that seat; make it a tight fit.

For your use moving forward or aft, a long bolt inserted through the plywood top into a corresponding hole on the seat top in a few positions should do it. Or put some old rubber carpet between the base and seat; where yourbody weight should keep it in position. But that LAST thing you want to do if fly forward, if you hit a boat wake or something else whilst running ...

Seat Base.jpg

sonny.barile said:
If your mounting area runs with the keel instead of the beam then you might have an issue with it sliding forward or backwards when your moving. It’s only your weight that stops them from sliding.....
Thanks i was wonderong aboit that. I still might try it though, probably isnt going to move to quick,going to be alittle weight where it should be.

Latest posts