Lund Tyee 5.3 Questions

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark_L

Reaction score
Thank you for the add. I found this place looking for info on a potential project boat listed locally.
I’m going to look at a 1981 Lund Tyee 5.3 with a Mercury 90 hp next week. Besides standard compression and spark check on the motor and checking transom for rot (not sure exactly how to do that on an aluminum boat), is there anything else to pay attention to with this model. Boat will be a project and I already know floor and a lot of the interior will need to be re-done. From pics, only the drivers side console appears to be in place, but hard to tell.
Owner is asking $1500 OBO and I’m thinking my initial offer is $800. Any thoughts or advice would be appreciated.
Thanks.

I don't know where you are but here in Ontario Canada that hull alone would be worth the asking price or more. Trailer for that boat would be another $1000 so in my mind you can't go wrong even if the motor is scrap iron.

Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk

Weldorthemagnificent said:
I don't know where you are but here in Ontario Canada that hull alone would be worth the asking price or more. Trailer for that boat would be another $1000 so in my mind you can't go wrong even if the motor is scrap iron.

Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk

Thanks. I'm near Lincoln, NE. This actually kind of popped up as I was looking for an engine for the Glastron GT 150 my son just restored and the Mercury 90 "Tower of Power" would be perfect for it if it is sound. If I can split the cost with him to get the hull as a project for me to work on over the next several months it could be a decent deal for both of us. The interior of the boat is pretty rough and will definitely need a lot of work.

200893107_10224920258211041_7647440038685150165_n.jpg

Latest posts