Cup coolers

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rebelwork

Reaction score
I use a small cooler on the boat, but going in and out of it for a couple w allows and putting it back in is getting rediculous. I also notice it doesn't keep the drinks very cold with ice packs. Are there any good battery operated ice cups and can modif into the boat for the conversion..I'm on the water 3 times a week for a boyt 5 hrs each time..b

Pre chill your drinks in the fridge.. use real ice. I make my own ice blocks with old margarine tubs instead of buying ice cubes.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

For my cooler, I leave my drinks to cool in the fridge prior to putting them in the cooler. I always put water in my cooler to act as a media to transmit the cold from ice jugs (jugs with frozen water in them) and then put the drinks in prior to going out. Keeps them nice and cold for me.

Here's a great tip!

Add a few hand fulls of the cheapest salt you can buy to your ice cubes. Adding salt to ice water lowers the temperature from the normal freezing point of water, 32°F, down to as low as -5°F.

... just don't drink the ice water or use the ice cubes in your drinks #-o ...

Using a cooler I know. It's the plugin cup cooler I'm interested in..

But thanks for tips on the boat...

Take a look at this: https://www.amazon.com/Premium-Perfect-Commuter-Thanksgiving-Presents/dp/B077PBQ89B/ref=asc_df_B077PBQ89B/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=309916477103&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=864165159730154409&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9012340&hvtargid=pla-569751621119&psc=1

I've often wished for such a thing and found this on a quick Google search. There were several others. I'm going to look into it further myself. Some years ago I had a 12V cooler for my car that I carried on long trips and it was OK, but very slow. Maybe technology is better now - mine was 20 years ago.

Walmart had it for $33, today $40+. . I don't think they actually carry it in the store but I might buy one internet from Walmart. If it fails I want to be able to return it...

and another tip (off topic)

if you have a small cooler like I do, enough for 4 or 5 cans and that's about it, stick the cooler itself in the freezer a day or two ahead of time. I leave mine in the freezer full time unless I'm at the lake. That little cooler makes a dandy minner bucket. It fits inside the bigger cooler, with some ice AROUND the small cooler, minners inside and an aerator inside the bigger cooler as to pump cool air into the small bucket. Keeps minners alive for 12-14 hours out in the sun in 100 degree air like today. Crappie season for me is in the middle of summer so I gotta keep minners alive the best I can.

don't use ice directly in the minner bucket. It'll shock them and most ice is tapwater, meaning it's got clorine and other stuff in it which kills the lil fish. So I sometimes use a 1 gal freezer bag that is full of water but frozen, and use that to keep em cool if needed. With the way I keep my minners in a cooler, it's not needed most of the time but I've done it in the past. Drop of H2O2 works too but just one drop is all that's needed.

Amazon has them for $33. White with silver ring. The problem is the drink getting warm as it sits out. With the smart 2 in 1 cup I can just leave it out. If it's cold I can keep the hot chocolate hot...

Latest posts