Boat Buckles

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wmk0002

Reaction score
Anyone used the Boat Buckle brand auto retractable transom tie downs? They have a larger model and a mini model. I know the mini model is is zinc plated which is a turn off even though I'm exclusively fresh water. I think the full size model is stainless though. There are also similar products available from Rod-Saver for about 2/3 of the price. I'm typically too much of a cheapo to consider these but I found a $100 Cabelas gift card in my nightstand the other day so I'm looking to splurge haha.

LDUBS said:
I read your post. Then I immediately rushed over to my night stand. No such luck! :LOL2:

LOL. I had a Cabelas one and a Lowes one in there. But I only caught it because I knew of the Lowes card and went to get it to put towards a new dishwasher last week! I'm guessing its been hiding out since last Christmas.

Yeah I have a pair of mini's on mine. They are bolted to the trailer. Makes tying and untying an absolute breeze. They are the actual boat bucket brand. I think they're about 7 years old now and still working perfectly. And I use the boat. Here in the last 3 months it's been 3 days a week sometimes two hauls to the river a day (different areas). Gone through one set of trailer tires but the tie downs are still great.

Latest posts