Traveler by Sea Nemph, rebuild

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anchor Chain

Reaction score
Well this just kinda fell into my lap today.
Not sure of the year, i get the title this week.
A good friend of mine purchased it with the intentions of rebuilding it but had a 17.7 bass boat with a 155 mercury fall into his lap for $600.00. anyway.........
Here it is, Named it Millie.. Its 16.5 feet.
travlerboat001.jpg

travlerboat003.jpg

Now the bad. Guy that had it loaded the boat on the trailer when he was loaded and lets just say went a bit to far. looks like a easy fix for a tig welder.
travlerboat006.jpg

travlerboat005.jpg

Needs floors and carpet. That's easy enough, but the transom is soft and has to be replaced. looks like a challenge. But what ya want for $250.00.
Motor is on the who knows list.
travlerboat002.jpg

travlerboat008.jpg

travlerboat007.jpg

travlerboat004.jpg

travlerboat009.jpg

Thanks for looking. any ideas on the transom, should i tackle it or leave it to a professional ?

Later
A.C.

I can tell this ain't your first trip around the block.I'm looking forward to this rebuild.Are you building to resale?Have a layout planed?I know it's gonna be nice when completed. :popcorn:

good deal for the money, but it looks just like my bass tracker same lay out everything except the plastic on my console thats funny

Looks like there might be a problem with the lower unit,on the motor:)
Nice project..boat and motor.
Some of those Mariner motors(atleast the ones sold up here)were made by Yamaha and most times the parts are cheaper(price wise)through them.
Looks like you have some work to do...have fun.

*Update*
Removed the old transom board.
and finished removing live well and rear/lower floor.
travlerboat010.jpg

travlerboat013.jpg

travlerboat012.jpg

travlerboat011.jpg

travlerboat014.jpg

travlerboat015.jpg

And the guy i got the boat from said the transom was ok.

Uhh.... Naww.

More to come....

Later

A.C.

Congrats on a nice score! Looks like you're getting right along with it. Looking at project pictures is enough to make a guy want another one :mrgreen:

ST

UPDATE. Still working on the "Silver Minnow" I was thinking of moving the console forward about 18" . and keeping the seat over the live well. and adding a post and swivel seat. But someone suggested to me that it would change the way the boat handles. Comments, Suggestions.

Pictures of whats done so far to come...

Foam is staying. due to 80hp mercury installed

Being new here, but not to boats.....
I'd think moving forward would be a good move myself. Most boats always seem a bit light in the bow anyways. With that 80 hp. on the rear, you'd probably be right back to the original trim anyways.
However, it would depend a lot on what you're planning for a layout.

Gotta say, I love watching & looking over these rebuilds and Mods folks do on here. =D>

Latest posts