hey everyone i need some help with my fishin/duck boat!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woy12

Reaction score
This site is AWESOME i have enjoyed lookin at everyones boats! =D>

Well i have a 14ft jonboat and i would like to deck the front and back and put a duck blind on it because duck season starts november 15 ... i just want to know what you guys think about this deck job i found on here i think it is an awesome job

https://tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=3811&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=10

could someone tell me if there is somethin better i could do or if anything is wrong with this build ... i really don't know much about decking a boat. i am goin to post some pictures of my boat asap and of the whole build. i cant wait to get started this site has got me going!

:WELCOME:

I like bassboy's boat in the link you posted.It's a good set up for fishing.I am not sure about duck hunting.Not many around here duck hunt.

:WELCOME: aboard, i dont think it is bassboys boat i think he is talking about jirwin6985 boat ,i couldnt tell you about duck hunting but if that is the way you want to do yours i think you could do it.but wouldnt you want more of a lower platform and more open for duck hunting maybe some one how duck hunts will answer

dedawg1149 said:
:WELCOME: aboard, i dont think it is bassboys boat i think he is talking about jirwin6985 boat ,i couldnt tell you about duck hunting but if that is the way you want to do yours i think you could do it.but wouldnt you want more of a lower platform and more open for duck hunting maybe some one how duck hunts will answer

Yes,you're right.Sorry for the mix up.Oh,when I stated not many around here duck hunt,I was speaking of the area I live in.There's a few here on the forum that hunt Donald and Daffy.

I have a scizzor style blind on a 1448.

One thing to keep in mind, you are going to want to sit as low as possible in the boat to keep the profile of the blind down.

jirwin6985 said:
Hey welcome to the site 8) That link is for the boat i build around the middle of the summer and i appreciate te compliments. However if you are duck hunting you will definatly want something that u sit lower in the boat. your really out in the open with this design but it was designed for bass fishing and anything else i can hook into. If it is what you want to build though it works great for what i wanted. the only thing i would say is dont put your cooler were i did. It gets in the way of geting to the front seat. i would rather have a flat storage compartment there but other than that i love my boat. If you have questions this is the best place to ask them. Most importantly use the boat as is first. Then you really understand your boat and know what you want. other wise you will end up doing it all over again before you reall want to. Good luck.
Joe

Joe im just curious why didn't you put a trollin motor on the front of your boat? if i built my setup like yours do you think i would have room for a foot controled trollin motor with the seat like it is?
thanks

I am also working on a duck/fishin boat. You might want to try to make your deck removeable for duck season just a thought good luck with your project

Latest posts