another new guy.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hoytultratec

Reaction score
just found this site last week and its very cool....i just got a 18ft lowe jon boat with a mid 80's 30 hp mariner, i recieved this boat from my mother inlaw after my father inlaw passed. it was all customized very nice but the boat sat for 3 years while my inlaws were both sick,so i just gutted it out and am in the proccess of painting.

i have tons of work rebuilding it and will take most of the winter so i will be doing it the right way and will be great when done.

i will post some pics soon of the before and after paint work just gotta finish the sides. and ask for more opinions i think i got a great plan.

so i guess im saying hi guys.

hoyt

I have a brand new 10 year old Hoyt Tenacity II. Bad shoulder and tree stand mishap sort of made me put it away for awhile.......but I'm getting the urge again.

heres some pics after i gutted it...i just removed the middle seat have all the wood for flooring and front deck, gotta build rod storage on one side.

i got all the chalky crap off the paint sanded and partially repainted a olive drap color.

heres a few before pics.boat 1.jpgboat 2.jpgboat 3.jpg

well the youth hunt ended and no deer for my 13 year old....he missed a big doe sat evening......doah!

in spring he missed a big tom turkey....i keep telling him the guide (me) can only put him on so much game he's gotta start hitting the target :lol:

gonna try and make some progress on the minnow this week :D

hoyt

You have got a great project to get on there - just be sure to include your son in the process... it'll be the most valuable time spent together aside from hunting and fishing! Be sure to take/post lots of pics.. some of us guys live for this site and the enjoyment/satisfaction it's members get out of seeing the end result of the conversion.

russ010 said:
You have got a great project to get on there - just be sure to include your son in the process... it'll be the most valuable time spent together aside from hunting and fishing! Be sure to take/post lots of pics.. some of us guys live for this site and the enjoyment/satisfaction it's members get out of seeing the end result of the conversion.

oh he is and will part of the project....he seems to catch most of the fish.dylans big one 8-10-07.jpgour catch of the morning 8-10-07.jpg

Welcome aboard. You will enjoy it here. A lot of great people who don't care to help out with any type of boat questions.

heres a few pics from last night.

one pic without the middle seat and wow what a great mod really opened it up also a before and after paint...the after pic kind of stinks but you get the idea. i didnt paint any of the inside since it will be hidden.

probably wont do much else till december..i just picked up a used minkota power drive 55 # thrust for 150.00 bucks its perfect shape.before paint.jpg

Attachments

• no seat.jpg
    no seat.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 315
  • painted.jpg
    painted.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 314

Latest posts