which carpet glue for wood flooring?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kajun

Reaction score
i'm about to put carpet down on the flooring of my boat.. its a plywood floor...its the lowes outdoor carpet..not the marine stuff...this one is like $2.85 a sq ft......i was thinking about just stretching and stapling but dont want it to loosen up over time so i think gluing and stapling would be best for it....how about the contact cement from lowes? i have already thompson watersealed the wood and thinking about painting it for more protection...think i should paint it also?

i have also thrown around the idea of just painting it with bedliner material or a non-skid paint...here is a pic of it....

f_DSCF0003m_2b31547.jpg

I'm preparing for carpeting also.....used a router to round off the edges, both top and bottom and then will use liquid nails on the edges when doing the carpet and stapling on the bottom. I recommend three coats of an acrylic enamel before putting the carpet down. I'm using the spray adhesive on the flat surface to hold the carpet down, then liquid nailing the edges and underneath where the carpet goes an inch and a half and securing with staples to hold until the nails dry. I think it was a quarter inch roundover bit I used on 5/8 plywood. Worked very well....filling voids in the edge before painting with water putty....easy to apply and sand.

i agree with the above post if you do that you shouldn't have any problems just make sure you trowel the glue good if you have to much glue in one place it can bleed through.

Latest posts