Marinetex or SteelFlex?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LarryA

Reaction score
I'm looking at coating the hull on my 14' V Hull Aluminum Lowe boat. I need to do some sanding to remove old paint and some starting corrosion. I'd like something that is durable, reduces friction, and that helps protect from leaks. The Steelflex looks nice, from what I've seen on this board. I don't have any idea how much I'd need or what the cost would be.
Any help would be appreciated. I don't know that this will happen before spring but I'm trying to put together a list and start buying the materials I'll need to get this boat in decent condition for next season. Wish I had a garage but I don't so work needs to pretty much halt for the winter.
Thanks,
Larry

If fixing minor leaks is what you are looking to do, putting Gluv-it, I believe made by marinetex, is the way to go. But, it sounds to me like you are trying to put something on the outside of the hull. I have heard good things from people who put steelflex on their hulls, but I just don't like the idea.