NEED HELP! name of clamp is this!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kemical

Reaction score
i dont know if this exist, but im looking for a clamp like this for my 12' pelican intruder boat, im trying to put a front deck for my front TM, i dont want to make any holes on the boat since it is plastic. so i figured there has to be a some type of clamp i can screw to small board of plywood or 2x2 on the sides.
please if you can help me anyone ill greatly appreciate it

Attachments

• 10-26-08_2147.jpg
    10-26-08_2147.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 2,108
  • 10-26-08_2149.jpg
    10-26-08_2149.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 2,109
  • 10-26-08_2200.jpg
    10-26-08_2200.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 2,109
  • 10-26-08_2232.jpg
    10-26-08_2232.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 2,086
  • 10-26-08_2233.jpg
    10-26-08_2233.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 2,085
regular c clamp wont work, since its not flat,, my intentions are to put it under a deck to clamp it to the boat that is plastic, i tried using a reg c clamp and i can clamp it , but the board i cant seem to screw to the board

I had those on a truck camper shell.Check out a place that specialize in pickup truck accessories.You maybe able to make a few out of aluminum C channel and a couple stainless bolts,washers,and nuts.Just use the nuts to lock down the bolts.

You can make one if you can’t find one... All you will need is a U Bracket and a bolt.

https://www.specialtyinstallations.com/images/replacement/102.gif

Some type of U Bracket like this. All you would have to do now is drill and tap a hole in the side of the bracket. Just make sure that you get the right size bolt for the hole you drilled and tapped. Then you've got a clamp that you could bolt on like in your drawing. Hope that helps!

wow,,, you got it right on teh money spanky,,, just that trying to figure out teh exact drill bit for the hole so i can get a matching bolt is gonna be the mission,,lol,, these ideas are helping more and more to get what i wanna do for my project,, thanks guys

i just found this , this is exactly what im looking for, but i dont have the clue what is this called
https://www.ritzcamera.com/graphics/products/4-89/478150089.jpg
478150089.jpg

it says its Mount Clamp For Easi-Troll,,,..lol.. but will it hold wood to brace it down to a boat,,lol

trying to find this c mount in a local area here is beginning to be a mission.. i cannot find it anywhere,, i have been to homedepot, lowes pepboys , autozone, discount autoparts, i ven went looking for a campershell clamp for trucks,, i cant even find that anywhere,, tomorrow i will try to go to a marina shop , hopefully they carry it..

I was about to say Bass Pro in Ft Myers...that looks to be quite a drive from Tampa, though. Should find something like that at any good tackle shop...one that carries quality rod holders like driftmasters, etc.

Scroll to the bottom of this page. https://www.driftmaster.com/Bases.html

good idea greg... duh,, theres one in orlando... is about 1 hr and 15 min drive from me,, in tampa there isnt a good tackle shop like bass pro, im mean theres dicks sporting goods, but ive tried there,, they dont have that,, ill give them a call and check b4 i drive all the way out there, thanks for the tip!!

ok today went on a mission again to find these stupid clamps in a local shops,,lol 2 tackle shops had nooo clue what i was talking about, then when i show them a photo that i printed out , they all scratched there heads, one of them actually tried to help me,, but he still didnt understand why i was tryin to use it for,,,so i went to another store that was actually a boat repair/ supply shop,, i was walking thru an aisle and the corner of my eye i saw something like a clamp in this discount basket ,, i grab it and it was this clamp for a light,
the 1st photo is what im trying to use this for
2nd is the clamp i found (which the guy gave to me for free)
3rd is the same thing but new, (which i found that the plastic in that light is much weaker POS.)
17 bucks total,,

but im only going to use this temp,,im trying to go fishin this sunday, so i needed somethign quick, cuz im gonna have to buy the actual one i saw online in bassbro,, or cabelas, (that will take forever in shipping)

so in the meantime hopefully it will do the job and i can actually go fishing!!!

OH BTW>>> GO RAYS..ALL THE WAY!!

Attachments

• 10-28-08_1830.jpg
    10-28-08_1830.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 584
  • 10-28-08_1829.jpg
    10-28-08_1829.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 585
  • 10-28-08_1831.jpg
    10-28-08_1831.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 585
ty Fowlmood, i think i will but it thru sportsmanguide since it looks like its the cheapest

Latest posts