Should I buy or Not

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Big Buck

Reaction score
I am new to the site, and am very excited that I found this one. I have been wanting to fix up an old jon boat for sometime now, but everyone seems to think that what I want to do can't be done with a jon boat. After seeing this site, I know I can :D . I found a 14ft jon boat, I think the guy told me it was a Washita, on a trailer for $350.00. The guy sent me a picture of it and it looks pretty bad, but like a really fun job to me. He is not sure if it leaks, says it does not have any holes that he can see. What do you guys think, is this a good buy or not. I can not get the pictures to transfer over. This will be my first project, and I just don't want to get in over my head but I also don't have alot of money to work with either, Wifes, if ya know what I mean. I hope you guys can give me some input.

Thanks

Marc Blair

Attachments

• image2.jpg
    image2.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 573
  • image1.jpg
    image1.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 573
We can tell you for sure once you get the picture over to Jim for him to post, but with the way they are looking these days, it does sound worth it, provided it is the boat you want.

:WELCOME:

This sounds like a deal,IF the owner can provide the proper paper work for you to obtain a clear title in your name.Also,the trailer needs to be in safe operational condition,decent tires,working coupler,safety chains,and bearings in good enough shape to at least get the boat to it's new home.I would have said working lights but most states don't require trailer lights unless it's being used after dark.Light kits are cheap tho. :fishing2:

Thanks guys, i have sent the pictures to Jim for him to post. I am also looking at another 14 ft with trailer, 6.5 Horse 40 LB Thrust trolling motor and new battery, i hope to find out if I get it today or not for 600.00. It really looks like a steal. I will keep you guys updated on what i do and when I get started on my mod.

Thanks for the help so far.

Marc

Latest posts