14' mirro craft

Boating related questions,small projects, custom work and talk go here.
brianlt21

14' mirro craft

Post by brianlt21 » 02 Nov 2008, 16:23

I need help with flooring advice I don't want to add a casting deck to this boat but want a floor in it.. I just purchased a bow mount trolling motor as well and need to incorporate that as well but anyways on to the pics of my boat for you great people to see.

Xtremeboats
ben2go

Re: 14' mirro craft

Post by ben2go » 02 Nov 2008, 16:39

Looks like a great project.I'd lay a floor along the side line.replace the current seats with pedestal seats or add pedestals.I included a pic of where I would run the floor.It'll give a nice flat bottom to stand on and keep the boats stability.
Attachments
refloor.jpg
refloor.jpg (23.18 KiB) Viewed 933 times

fowlmood77

Post by fowlmood77 » 02 Nov 2008, 23:12

ben2go wrote:Looks like a great project.I'd lay a floor along the side line.replace the current seats with pedestal seats or add pedestals.I included a pic of where I would run the floor.It'll give a nice flat bottom to stand on and keep the boats stability.

You could also add a hatch if you did it that way for a little storage

Cheeseball

Post by Cheeseball » 03 Nov 2008, 13:54

I would make the front deck (middle seat to the front) as high as what Ben proposes, then make the back floor about the level of the bottom of your seats. It's nice to have a low area in your boat to retreat to if the water get's rough. If you were to make the back deck high, envision yourself sitting on the stern seat... your knees will be in your face. Unless of course you plan on putting in pedestle seat in the back... but again, I'm not sure you would want to be sitting that high.