BIG GUY / little boat

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FLIFSH

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I'm new to the forum and need some help.

I am looking for a small boat to fish the local ponds. I have found a 12' Starcraft SL w/ a 9.9 Mercury. Here is my question, I am a big guy, 300+, and was wondering how the boat will hold the weight.

The specs on the boat are:
Max HP 10 / 7.5 kw
Length 11' 7" / 3.53m
Beam 58" / 147cm
Weight (boat only) 124 lbs / 56.3kg
Capacity (persons / lbs.) 3/425 lbs / 3/192.8kg
Capacity 600 lbs / 272.2kg
Inside Depth 21" / 53cm
Transom Width 55" / 140cm
Transom Height (for engine) 15" / 38cm

I am not expecting the boat to handle all types of conditions, I have a bigger boat for that, I just need something smaller and easy to launch.

:WELCOME:

Thanks for joining! :beer:

It will hold for sure. Weight distribution will be a key factor, but that is not too big of a deal. If you coordinate your moves (no sudden moves) you should be good. I was pulling close to 300 myself back in the day and my buddies 12 footer worked perfect for two plus equipment.

THANKS FOR THE INFO

I PURCHASED THE BOAT THIS MORNING.

2004 Starcraft SL 12 w/ 2004 Mercury 9.9M on a 2008 Load-Rite trailer for $2000. I think I did pretty well. The first change will be to paint over the ugly blue the previous owner painted the floor and seats. I then hope to try some of the ideas I picked up from this awesome site.

I have a 12' Semi-V. I'm about 300lbs myself and I've had another guy about 300lbs in the boat with me and all the gear. Absolutely no problems. You should be fine.

Edit: Your specs above for your boat are almost idectical to mine.

Latest posts