LAB METAL DOES IT WORK?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It works but how well it holds up I couldn't say. I've seen it used to patch aluminum in the foundry I work at.
It's a two part patching and I'd guess it's a form of epoxy.

ijust got my lab metal today putting it on right now i will post some pic later

IT WAS HARD TO WORK WITH AT FIRST BUT I JUST ADDED A BIT MORE SOLVENT AND WENT ON SMOOTH TOMORROW IS THE BIG TEST I AM GOING TO FILL THE BOAT WITH WATER AND SEE IF ITS SEALED

Attachments

• IMG_0019.JPG
    IMG_0019.JPG
    25 KB · Views: 998
If you can.let it set for a couple hours to see if there's any seepage.Let us know how it turns out.If you coat the inside with a good coat of primer and paint that will help re-enforce the sealer,primer,and paint on the outside of the hull.

My concern would be does it stay on if the hull flexes? Sure hate to be cruising a long and bounce on a wave or something and flex the hull a bit and all the patches fall off.

I'm with flounder on the flexing. The big test will be running through some chop all day THEN filling it with water to check for leaks. This stuff is bondo with heat resistance for the powdercoating industry, might be good stuff but there are products meant for the task at hand in the same price range.

I had a 59 11' trailerboat that had small leaks so I put roll-on bed liner and it fix that problem and the friend that has the boat said after 8 years no leaks.
I put the liner on the inside.
WFFF