HOW CAN I GET MAX.WEGHIT CAPACITY 4 MY 12' 1965 STAR CRAFT

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SO*CAL

Reaction score
DOES ANY BODY KNOW IF THERES ANY WAY TO GET THE MAX.WEGHIT CAPACITY FOR MY 12' V STARCRAFT 1965 IT DOES NOT HAVE ONE IS THERE A WEB SITE A NUMBER I CAN CALL A BOOK I CAN BUY ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED. THANKS

No, you will be able to carry less because of the added weight of the foam.The foam is to keep the boat floating in case of a leak or swamping.It just buys you time to be able to bail out the water in the boat and re-float it.A bilge pump is a must if adding foam.You will need a channel down the center of th foam to allow water to run to the back where the bilge pump is.

They make floatable extensions for jonboats that stick out beyond the motor and are flush with the boat sides. These are a dealer item and they are made special for different models, particularly jet boats to raise the back end up. If you knew someone who could weld and fabricate these extensions, that might be a way to go.....probably expensive. Other than that, outriggers for canoes may be adaptable. If you really need the flotation, a couple of fair sized inflated boat fenders might work affixed to the hull....would slow down the progress through the water, but would add flotation.

Latest posts