1971 15' Ouachita Flatbottom Project

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brandon82

Reaction score
This is my Catfish/Trotline boat. It will eventually be painted. I'm wanting to add a small low deck up front for casting the throw net and running lines. Also maybe a floor to make it easier to walk in and easy to find stuff if dropped. It will be staying outside. Can I stain the wood really good? What minimum size wood will be ideal for all this? Any opinions are greatly appreciated...

Picture015.jpg

Picture016.jpg

Hey nice boat, looks familiar. Mine is a '74 1848 Ouchita. My Boat Thread

Just do some searching in the conversion forum for tons of good info on how to build your decks/floors. Lots of great reading in there. I'm getting ready to start my decks/ floor soon and have been reading almost every thread in there.

Welcome aboard! As my username suggests I also have a Ouachita jonboat. Mine is a 1648. Nice to have some more Texans in here too! :D

My dad and I started on the deck today. We ended up using 2x4's for braces and 1/2 treated plywood for the deck. We made a storage door 16x10. Wish I took pics to show are results. I'll remember the camera next time. Thanks to this forum for all the ideas. :D

i got a 14 ft 1964 or 8 ouachita that i done the same thing

deck it to the second or third bench, I under decked mine and wish I would a gone bigger. wich you luck (1/2 too thin for my fat butt i had to use 3/4)