16' Duracraft, new member

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am about to start my new project on a flat bottom. I was recently given a 16' Duracraft with an 18HP Evinrude. I was totally ignorant about doing anything to my boat, other than fishing from it, until my buddy told me to add a flipping deck to it. So I hit the internet looking for guidance. I found other people doing similar things to their jon boats and stumbed across this website/forum. I have read along as a spectator for a few weeks and decided that I better join.

I will be posting pics, probably tomorrow, of the boat in the condition it was given to me in. In the near future I plan on stripping the old oxidized paint off and repainting it. I also plan on adding front and back decks for fishing. I am a bass fisherman so it is important for me to have a deck to do my flipping/pitching from. I have some ideas on paper and in my head of how I plan on doing the decks.

I will have questions along the way and feel like I signed up with the right group here to gain all the advice and help I need along the way.

You have came to the right place for information and ideas. These guys are great!!! I am looking forward to seeing your project.

Latest posts