Front deck builds

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ho_shi

Reaction score
Couple ?'s

when making a deck might it be a good idea to silicone between the deck and the edge of the boat? Fill in the cracks and and small spots where you might be slightly mis cut?? I know the carpet covers this but was just wondering.

Are their any mods that anyone has done to their boat that they DONT reomend?? com big DONTS instead of DO's??

1 mistake I made was adding a trolling motor plug to my deck. Where I placed it always seems to be in the way. When I redo in the next couple months I want to move it out of the way.

I mounted a transom mount Endura on the front. Should have beefed up the bracket some I have had to fix it several times. Also mounted a Big Foot switch on it. the placement was close but I know now a slightly better place for it.

I wouldn't use anything to seal the decks to the hull.I'd let the water drain through and to the back.I'd put an automatic bilge pump and use a toggle switch to turn it on while you're in the water,it'll still be automatic just off when you're not using the boat.

the way mine is built now with the deck and me in the front 2 deep cycle bats and a old outboard in back (does not run but keeps me straight while trolling) and a igloo cooler half full of water for a livewell most of the water still is in the front of the boat. Where would the best place be to mount it and what style of pump as the lowerst place is the runners in the bottom??